Saturday, March 11, 2006

Bootie Fever


I may have a small bootie problem. I got this great pattern from a LYS (The Vermont Yarn Shop (or store, I can't remember)), located in Middlebury, Vermont. The pattern is called "Christopher's Stay on Booties" and they are supposed to be guaranteed to stay on baby feet. I knit the pair in the picture above pretty quickly, and they are really cute (I used Rowan Handknit Cotten for the yarn). The only problem is that they have a seam in the bottom and up the back. The pattern, however, has instructions for the same booties knit from the top down in the round (i.e. no seams). I have finished 1 3/4 more booties. They just look so damn cute when they are done.

However, I will say that the current scarf obsession was born of me being tired of knitting teensy stitches on teensy needles. LOL

No comments: